AP-S Distinguished Lecturer Nomination Instructions
Nomination Deadline: April 1 of each year
Nominations for Distinguished Lecturers (DLs) may be made by anyone, with the exception of present members of the AP-S Distinguished Lecturer Committee. Self nominations are also allowed and encouraged. The entire nomination package should be sent by email as pdf documents to the chair of the Committee by the deadline in order to ensure consideration for the three-year term beginning in January of the following year.
The nomination package should include the following:
- A letter of recommendation from the nominator, or a statement of purpose in the case of a self nomination. This should indicate the willingness of the candidate to travel to Chapters around the world as part of their service.
- A vita or resume of the candidate.
- A set of abstracts for the proposed presentations that the candidate plans on offering. (Please visit the Distinguished Lecturer Program webpage to see abstracts from present DLs.) The number of presentations offered by each DL varies, but 2-3 is typical.
- A sample set of viewgraphs from a recent talk given by the candidate. This is optional, but recommended.
- A 15 minute recording of one of the proposed talks that will be used by the Committee for their evaluations.
Candidates will be judged by the Distinguished Lecturer Committee on their qualifications, including:
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Proposed lectures that are of current or tutorial interest.
- An outstanding record of accomplishment in the field of Antennas and Propagation.
Decisions will normally be made by Sept. 1 of each year.
Chair, AP-S Distinguished Lecturer Program
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (MC 154)
University of Illinois at Chicago
851 South Morgan Street
Chicago, IL 60607-7053